Chocolate mousse tarts with Date and Oat crust is a no-bake and a wonderful dessert recipe. These little tarts looks so good and are healthy too. It's fairly simple and a delicious recipe. You can top these tarts with anything you fancy. The base of the tart is chewy and rich and I have topped it with my favorite chocolate mousse and trust me it just melts in your mouth.
Recipe of the crust
Makes approximately 8-10 small tarts
- 1 cup Black seedless dates
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 8-10 digestive biscuits
- 1 tbsp Honey or agave
- 1/2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- Place dates, oats and digestive biscuits in a food processor or a blender and blend well till it's coarsely mixed.
- Remove it in a bowl and add honey, oil and mix well. If it looks little dry then add a bit of more oil.
- Now take the small tart moulds and grease it lightly with oil.
- Press the above date and oats mixture that is our base in the tart mould and refrigerate it for an hour till it is nicely firm.
Recipe of chocolate mousse Ingredients:
- 125 grams grated milk chocolate (best quality)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tbsp. Vegetarian gelatin
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- ½ tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- Heat the milk and add the grated chocolate and stir till it melts.
- Stir in vanilla essence at this point (if you are using).
- Let the chocolate mixture chill at room temperature.
- Add 1 tbsp. water to set gelatin and heat it in a microwave or double boil it.
- Strain and add the dissolved gelatin in it.
- Add the whipped cream and blend it with a beater till it gets a smooth consistency.
- Pour the chocolate mousse in the tarts nicely and set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Add white chocolate shavings on the tarts just before serving them.
By Hetal Kamdar