- Tell us something about you?And how would you describe your site to new readers?
I am a chemical engineer, Mother of a beautiful daughter, and a passionate cook, who loves to make simple food but with a little twist. My Blog is an virtual tour of many cuisines particularly vegetarian food with an amazing twist of healthy ingredients and the mélange of different flavors which I create in my kitchen along with some tidbits on food with my husband.
- When did you start blogging and what has inspired you to do so?
- The photos of your recipes are one of the highlights of your blog. What are the elements that go into each photo?
I like to try all type of backgrounds in my picture, but personally I like to take picture with black background with my Nikon D5200 camera and still I am not using any Tripod. But I am planning to buy it J I normally work in Natural light, and I do take help of my fellow blogger and my mentor Alka jena, If am having some difficulty in some shots. No doubt Photography is one of the highlights of my Blog, but I am learning and improving as the day progresses.
- Have there been any mistakes along the way that you have learnt from?
There are so many mistakes I have been gone through during my cooking journey, and it started from my baking experiments. But the dedication and passion for baking and cooking made me to give it a try on and on.
- Name three ingredients you consciously avoid or eliminate even when the recipe calls for it ?
Gelatin, Ajinomoto, Egg
- Are there any ‘Waagmi Soni' trade secrets about cooking that are still hidden from the public eye?
Well, There is nothing which I hide to my readers, I always share my journey of the particular recipe I starts to make till I finish it off by enjoying it with my family.
- Out of all the methods of cooking, which is your personal favorite?
I love Baking, I enjoy Baking.
- If you could have any four people, from anywhere in place, over for dinner, who would they be?
I love to try different recipes only because of my husband, he encourage me to do that, and he is a big foodie, so of course My Husband Himanshu, and My princess Daughter, and My parents.
- What do you do when you are not cooking or blogging?
Apart from cooking and blogging I love to spend my time with my daughter, when it’s nothing to do my phone and my music playlist are the besties for me.
- What’s the best and worst thing about being a food blogger?
Many good things happened because of blogging, as I became a managing part of one of the Best Foodie app, and got so many Food bloggers as a friends who encourage my work, Won the Food contests in some popular food websites, There is nothing bad happened with me till now in this journey ..Touchwood , And I hope it stays forever.
- If you could just banish any one food, from the earth, what would it be?
- Which other blogs do you follow?
There are so many blogs I follow but specially, Culinaryxpress, My ginger garlic kitchen, My tryst with food and travel, laurainthekitchen, Masalakorb, and many more.
- What advice would you like to give to people who want to start blogging?
For me Blogging is the journey of my cooking experience, I am a person who loves to express, I can’t keep things in me, I love to cook so I write my all the love towards food, When you think that the way you are making your food is an enjoyment, Do express that joy in your blog, People love to read the stories behind the food, As I love to do that.
- what can we expect from 'WAAGMI SONI' in the future?
There are no plans for future, but will definitely going to work on different cuisines recipe on my blog, and some Rajasthani recipes as I am a Rajasthani girl.
- What has been your experience with ALLARSH?
It’s been a pleasure to be a part of “Allarsh”. Wonderful experience to get in me with beautiful questions from you guys, It will be pleasure to be connected with “Allarsh”, Best wishes for your future.
Let’s wrap up the interview with a few quick questions
- Favourite savoury ingredient to cook with
- Favourite sweet ingredient to cook with
- When I’m feeling lazy I cook
- My pick me up dish
- Favourite dish not cooked by me
- For a romantic meal I would want to eat
- One cuisine i can live on
- One recipe i want to pass on
My Nani’s Toor Daal recipe, I would love to pass it if My Mom can make it for me
- Favourite Color
- Favourite Movie
Dil chahta hai
- TV Show
- Favourite Book
- Favourite Time of Day
- Your Zodiac Sign