- 3 slices of whole wheat/multi-grain bread
- 1/2 of an avocado ( cut into slices )
- iceberg lettuce leaves
- a few slices of tomato
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp mustard sauce
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 4 tbsp grated cheese
- freshly ground pepper
- salt to taste
- Cut the bread diagonally into triangles. Lightly toast the slices.
- Mix the mayo, mustard sauce, vinegar, honey, pepper and a bit of salt in a bowl to prepare the sandwich spread.
- Take one bread triangle. Cover it with the spread and then layer the avocado slices over it. Cover it with a bread slice. Add another layer of the sandwich spread before sprinkling the grated cheese and layering the tomato slices and lettuce. Sprinkle a bit of salt. Close with the final slice. Gently press.
- Repeat for the remaining slices.
- Serve immediately ( or cover tightly with a foil wrap and put in the kids lunch box ). It stays good even after 4-5 hours.