Beetroot Soft Tart is a filling and nutritious vegetarian meal. and can be served for your weekend breakfast. It is a perfect and colourful addition to a, breakfast, buffet, picnic, or tea table. The beetroot in it makes it even more tasty and flavourful.
Serve Beetroot Soft Tart along with Low Fat Vegetable Dip with herbs.
Equipment used- heavy bottomed pan,oven
For the dough
- 500 grams refined flour
- 7 grams dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk powder
- 1 cup luke warm milk
- 40 grams butter
- Water as required
- 2 small beetroots
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup cabbage
- 1 capsicum
- Salt as required
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning
- 1 to 2 tablespoons tandoori mayo
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions for Beetroot Soft Tart Recipe
- To begin making the Beetroot Soft Tart recipe, preheat the oven at 180°C. Grease a tart mould with some butter and dust with some flour.
- Take fresh yeast in a bowl. Add sugar and 1/2 cup of warm water, mix and set aside to activate.
- Sieve flour in a bowl. Add salt, milk powder, and mix.
- Make a whole in the centre, add activated yeast and mix well.
- Add some warm milk and water and knead into a soft dough. Dust some flour in another bowl and transfer the dough.
- Cover with cling film and prove for 30 to 40 minutes. Next, chop the veggies in small cubes.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan, add oil and butter, add the veggies and saute them for 2 minutes.
- Add chilli powder, white pepper powder and pizza seasoning (don't add salt right now otherwise it will get soggy). Remove from heat and cool.
- Dust the worktop with some flour, transfer proven dough and knock back to release air.
- Put butter and knead into a soft dough. Dust some flour and knead again.
- Dust the worktop with some flour, take a medium portion of dough and roll out to make a thick sheet. Line the greased tart mould with the sheet, covering the edges as well.
- Apply tandoori mayo on the sheet. Now add salt to the stuffing and mix well.
- Put the stuffing in lined tart mould and level it out, spread some cheese over it.
- Dust the worktop with some flour and roll out the medium dough portion to make a thick sheet. Place the sheet on top of veggie mixture, covering it.
- Discard the excess dough from the mould using a knife and lightly pinch edges to seal.
- Set aside to prove for 30 minutes.
- Put the mould on a baking tray. Place the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush some butter on top and cool.
- Remove from the mould and transfer the tart onto a serving platter. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Serve Beetroot Soft Tart along with Low Fat Vegetable Dip with Herbs.