Broccoli cutlets serve as a healthy breakfast option. They can be served as tea time snacks or yummy kids lunch box menu. They go well with simple tomato ketchup . You may serve them with any dip of your choice. I have served them with home made hot and spicy Schezwan Sauce
· 2 cups Broccoli Florets
· 4-5 boiled Potatoes (medium sized)
· 1/4 cup Bread crumbs
· 2 tbsp Cornflour
· 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
· 1/2 tsp red Chili flakes
· 1 tsp black Pepper powder
· Salt to taste
· 1 tbsp oil for stir frying the Broccoli
· 1 tbsp butter for shallow frying the cutlets
1.Rinse Broccoli under cold running water and cut florets into quarters for quick and even cooking.
2. Heat up 1 tbsp oil in a non stick pan , add ginger paste and red chili flakes and stir well. Now add the Broccoli florets , salt , stir fry and cover cook for about 3-5 minutes on a low to medium flame. Do not over cook as it lowers the nutrition value .
3. Take this stir fried Broccoli in a bowl and mix with mashed boiled potatoes. Add the salt, cornflour and pepper powder and mix well.
4. At last add the bread crumbs and make a dough . Make 7-8 equal parts and shape into round or oval tikkis / cutlets.
5. Heat up butter on a skillet and shallow fry the cutlets on low to medium heat until golden brown from both sides. You can make and refrigerate this tikkis in zip lock bags and shallow fry when needed.
6.Serve with any sauce or chutney of your choice and Enjoy !
By Poonam Bachhav (contest entry)