Suji cake is a delicious and healthy Indian cake and is very easy to make at home. An eggless butter less cake , with loads of Tutti Frutti , making it all the more yummy and appealing. This simple yet delicious cake can be made on weekends and be given to kids during weekdays in their snacks box.
Was introduced to this super easy and quick cake recipe by my dear friend Rachna. A super hit at my place and my personal favorite too. The recipe calls for very few steps and all its ingredients are easily available in our kitchen pantries. Involve your kids with you in baking this healthy and wonderful cake, trust me it is super fun 🙂
· 1 1/4 cup Fine Suji / Semolina
· 1/2 cup plain Yogurt
· 1/2 cup Milk
· 1/2 cup Sugar
· 1/2 cup Tutti Frutti
· 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
· 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
· 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
· 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
· Pinch of Salt
1. In a mixing bowl take fine Suji , plain Yogurt , Milk , Sugar and Oil . Mix all the ingredients very well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. After 15 minutes, the consistency should appear like the Idly batter. If it appears thick, add little milk ( 1 tsp at at time) and give a good stir.
3. Grease the cake pan or line it with parchment paper. Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 8-10 minutes. Add baking soda, baking powder , pinch of salt , and Vanilla essence to the suji batter and mix slowly. Do not over beat. In the last add the the Tutti Frutti and give a quick stir.
4. Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180 degree Celsius until the cake turns nice golden brown in color.
5. Do a check test with a tooth pick, if the tooth pick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean, the cake is done, if the tooth pick is sticky, it means the cake is undone. Bake for another 3-5 minutes and allow the cake to completely cool down. Flip it and cut the cake into desired shapes.
6. Serve the cake at tea time or as a delicious snacks and enjoy with your loved ones !!
By Poonam Bachhav(contest entry)