One more innovation I did in khaman dhokla! Very quick and easy! Good option for breakfast, snacks or side dish!
Preparation time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 22 mins
Serves 2 People
- 1 cup chickpeas flour
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp fruit salt
- 1/2 glass water
- 3 tbsp green chutney
- 3 tbsp sweet dates chutney
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustered seeds
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- Few green chili slices
- 3 tbsp water
1. In a bowl, add chickpeas flour, salt, sugar, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and add water and mix it well! It should be idli batter consistency.
2.Now grease the plate of steamer by oil. Now add fruit salt and 1 tbsp water in it and mix well and pour a bit into plate to make first thin layer and cook for 5 mins.
3. Once cooked spread green chutney in it and again pour second thin batter layer on it and again cook for 5 mins.
4. Then spread dates chutney on it and pour third layer of batter on it and sprinkle red chilli powder in it and cook for 8 to 10 mins.
5. Once cooked remove it from heat and allow it to be at room temperature.
6. Now add oil in frying pan, temper mustered seeds, add curry leaves, green chillies and water and spread this on dhokla.
7. Cut the dhokla and serve it with green and dates chutney!