A filling breakfast, also immensely easy to make that is great for kids' lunch-boxes, and the likes.
Mini Schezwan-Cheese Uttappams (instant):
- Fine semolina/Wheat rava - 250 gms (about 1 and 1/2 cups)
- Yogurt/Hung curd - 100 gms
- Sweet corn - 1/2 cup
- Ching's Schezwan chutney - 1 tbsp for each
- Grated cheddar/mozzarella cheese - 1/2 cup packed
- Salt - to taste
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Water - as needed
- Butter - for frying
- Whisk the yogurt well with the semolina; it will be tight and thick, add little water, until consistency is like idli batter.
- Add the salt. Keep aside for 20 to 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, first ready the other ingredients.
- Boil the corn, or just soak it in hot water until it's thawed (frozen corn doesn't need to be boiled)
- Now add the soda and mix the batter well, adding water if needed.
- Ready a tawa or pan, and spread some butter on it.
- Ladle a scoop of batter, and spread it until it's even; don't spread it too much.
- Now gently spoon over some schezwan chutney, spreading it evenly over the batter.
- Sprinkle the corn over, and cover with grated cheese.
- Cover the pan with a lid, and let it cook for 2 to 3 mins, until the top is set; you don't need to flip it.
- Once the bottom edge is light golden and top is set, it's done.
- Serve hot with sides, or wrap and pack for your kid's 'dabba'