What's healthier than upma made using rawa, oats, lapsi...
Easy to make and tastes good too...
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 1/2 cup Rawa
- 1/2 cup lapsi ( thin dalia )
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup vegetables like green peas, chopped carrots( optional )
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon haldi
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- 1 green chilli chopped
- Green coriander leaves for garnishing
- 4 cups water ( for upma like texture ) or 5 cups ( for porridge like consistency )
- In a thick bottom pan, Dry roast separately the rawa and oats for about 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly so as not to burn. Keep aside.
- In a thick bottom pan, heat the oil on slow flame.
- Add the chopped onion. Cook till it turns soft.
- Add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Add red chilli powder, haldi, salt.
- Add the water and bring it to boil at full flame.
- Again, turn the flame low and add the rawa, oats, lapsi, chopped carrot, green peas.
- Let it all cook at low flame with a lid on.
- When the water is all soaked up, shut off the gas and let it stand covered for 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle little lemon juice, if desired and serve hot.