Oo mugi is very high fibre content. It has so many vitamins and minerals . It is good for heart health . It protects us from diabetes. I have made a very healthy recipe with this grain " Oo mugi stuffed brown bread roll "
It is a very healthy recipe for kids as well as for us .
Recipe ingredients -
- half cup Oo mugi ( barley ) soaked for 3 hours in sufficient water
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- Brown bread slices 5-6
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Oil 3 - 4 tbsp
- First drain all water from Oo mugi and keep it on strainer and keep this aside .
- Now take a pan , add 1 tsp oiNow add cumin seeds. When seeds starts crackle , add finely chopped onion , carrot , tomatoes and green chilli. Cook until all veggies becomes tender . Now add salt , black pepper powder and mix well ,add Oo mugi ( barley ) and cook for 5 minutes .turn off the gas
- now take brown bread slices and cut the sides of the bread . Flatten these slices with roller . Now take a bread slices put Oo mugi mix on bread slice and make a roll with it . Repeat this process with remaining bread slices .
- now take a pan , add 2 tsp oil and put bread rolls on it . Cook from both sides . Oo mugi stuffed brown bread rolls are ready .
- Serve hot with sause.
By Kanwaljeet Chhabra(contest entry)