Preparation Time - 10 mins
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Jeera rice
- 100 gm paneer (cut into small cubes )
- 1/3 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 of an onion (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 inch long cinnamon
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 green cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 red chilli whole ( less spicy )
- a pinch of garam masala
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp butter
- salt to taste
- cilantro for garnishing
- Put the paneer cubes into a bowl of warm water to which you have added sufficient salt. Let it soak for 5-6 mins.
- Cooking - Heat the ghee in a skillet. Add the paneer cubes (drained on a kitchen towel) and fry on low heat to a golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
- Add the whole spices and fry till fragrant. Now add the garlic and fry to a light brown.
- The onions go in next. They need to be fried till translucent .
- Put in the veggies, sprinkle a bit of salt and turn up the flame a bit. Sprinkle water at regular intervals and let the veggie cook in the steam and brown up a bit at the same time.
- The rice goes in at last along with the paneer cubes. Season with salt and garam masala. Turn up the flame as you toss the ingredients to distribute the flavour evenly. Garnish with chopped cilantro and remove from the flame.
- Serve warm/hot with some kachumbar or even pickle.