Paneer and Mushrooms is a classic combination.
- 100 gm paneer or tofu
- 12 whole mushrooms, washed and cut lengthwise into two pieces
- 4 tablespoon Amul fresh cream,
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves , chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes
- 2 tablespoon walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Mint leaves to garnish ( Optional )
- In a non stick pan, take the olive oil and butter on full flame.
- Saute the mushroom for 5 minutes till light golden in colour. Remove when done and keep on paper towel to drain off the oil / butter.
- Now, to the same oil and butter in the pan, Add the chopped garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Reduce the flame to low.
- Add the cream, lemon juice and whisk till the sauce comes together. Hardly takes 3-5 minutes.
- Season with the salt, black pepper and red chilli flakes.
- Shut off the flame.
- Now, char the paneer/tofu on iron griller or shallow fry on tawa.
- Can char it on direct flame as well with the help of tongs.
- To serve, arrange the paneer and mushroom pieces on a plate and pour the sauce all around.
- Sprinkle toasted walnuts all over.
- Additionally garnish with fresh mint leaves as well.