Sheer Khurma is a festival vermicelli pudding prepared by Muslims on Eid ul-Fitr and Eid al-Adha in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. It is a traditional Muslim festive breakfast, and a dessert for celebrations. This special dish is served on the morning of Eid day in the family after the Eid prayer as breakfast, and throughout the day to all the visiting guests. Here I am sharing recipe for preparing this dish.
- 1/2 Cup Vermicilli
- 2 TBSP Ghee
- 1 Ltr Milk
- 1/4 tsp Elaichi Powder
- Few Keasr Strands
- 2 tsp Soaked Saboodana
- Sugar as needed
- 1/2 Cup Grinded Cashews and Almonds
- 2 tsp Chopped Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Milkmaid
- Soak Sabudana in water for 30 mins and keep aside
- Roast Vermicilli in ghee until golden
- Add Milk, Elaichi Powder, Kesar strands, Soaked saboodana and sugar
- Add Grinded Cashews and Almonds powder
- Add chopped nuts & cook on low flame until it starts thickening...
- Add 1/2 cup milkmaid..simmer for 5 minutes..