Green moong dal pandoli is very healthy dish . It is very similar to idli but made in very unique style . The batter is spooned on a muslin cloth that is tied over boiling hot water . But I have used idli mould . Green moong is rich source of protein so it is very very healthy breakfast option .
- 1 cup green moong dal
- Half cup curd
- 2 tsp ginger green chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 2 tsp fruit salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Some curry leaves
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Oil for tempering
- Soak moong dal in enough water for about 3 hours . Wash and drain the water .
- Now take a grinder , add soaked moong dal , 1 tbsp water and curd . Blend it into a smooth paste .
- Now add ginger green chilli paste and mix well .
- Now for tempring - take a pan , add oil . Heat the oil , add mustard seeds , cumin seeds and sesame seeds . When they starts crackle , add curry leaves . turn off the gas . Pour this tempering on the batter and mix well .
- Grease the idli moulds . Now add fruit salt and lemon juice into the batter . Now pour this batter into the idli moulds . Steam it for about 15 - 20 minutes .
- Cut pandolis into small pieces and serve immediately with the chutney of your choice.