An easy and yummy way to incorporate the goodness of grains, oats and soya in little champs diet.
- 1½ cup Multi grain Flour
- ½ tbsp. Salt
- ½ tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. warm Oil
- Water for kneading
- Oil for deep frying
- n a wide bowl, add flour, salt, sugar and oil. Gently with your fingers mix until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Now start adding water slowly and mix the dough. Knead the dough until it is soft, just like roti/chapatti dough.
- Cover and set aside for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile you can work on aloo masala or kheer.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in kadai/wok. Reduce the flame to medium and start working on rolling poori’s.
- You can roll on poori’s just like you roll roti/chapatti or you can use poori presser.
- Grease the inner plates of poori presser as shown in the picture. Pinch lemon size dough and round it with your palm and keep it between the plates of poori presser.
- Press gently and check the size, if you want slightly thin ones, then press again.
- Gently and carefully from the side of the kadai, drop the pressed poori into hot oil.
- Using a slotted ladle, turn the poori upside down. By now the poori will be fluffy and round.
- Take out onto a plate lined with kitchen tissue to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with your choice of side dish. I served with aloo masala and kheer.