Soft buns with a delicious filling, I have used my veg filling for these, but you can use any filling of your choice. Even crumbled feta and spinach works beautifully!
- 4 cups all purpose/plain flour
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp powdered milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp castor/grinded sugar
- First, prepare the filling of your choice: it may be veg or non veg.
- Next prepare the dough.
- In a bowl mix together the following ingredients: 4 cups flour, 1 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. castor sugar, 2 tbsp. milk powder, 1 tbsp. yeast, 4 tbsp. oil and knead to a medium soft dough with slightly warm water, leave to rise for 1 hour.
STEP 1: Divide the dough into 15-16 sections and shape them into neat balls.
STEP 2: Now you can start shaping the Roses. Roll out each ball to about 4" diameter.
STEP 3: Brush a bit of butter on the circle of dough. Make 4 diagonal slits, leaving the center intact.
STEP 4: Add your filling in the center.
STEP 5: Take one of the sections and cover the side of the filling with it.
STEP 6: Take the opposite side's section and cover the other side of the filling with it.
STEP 7 & 8: Repeat with the two last sections.
STEP 9: Pinch the dough on the side to seal it.
Repeat until all rose-rolls are ready.
STEP 10: Place the prepared rolls on a greased tray.
STEP 11: Pre-heat your oven to 180 C. Brush each rose gently with milk. Sprinkle some sesame seeds. (optional)
Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until tops are golden and rolls are ready.
STEP 12: Remove and brush them with melted butter. Keep them covered until time of serving so they stay soft.
- These can be served as is, with a chutney of choice, or as an accompaniment with any meal or soup.
By Ritu Arora(contest entry)