Everybody in family relish eating creamy and delectable sweetcorn kheer prepared by grating sweetcorns. Whenever you feel like eating something sweet, especially during winters then try making Sweetcorn kheer.
- Sweet corn - 2
- Full cream milk - 500 ml
- Sugar - 1/4 cup (60-70 grams)
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Cashews - 10-12
- Almonds - 10-12
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- Green cardamom - 2
- Saffron - 15-20 (threads)
How to make Sweet Corn Kheer:
- Wash the sweet corns thoroughly. Grate the sweet corns to get the pulp (cream). Take ghee in a pan and allow it to melt.
- Add sweetcorn pulp (cream) in pan and cook on low-medium flame. Keep stirring constantly. When there is change in color and ghee starts separating from pulp (cream), take it off the flame.
- Now place milk on flame for boiling. Chop almonds and cashews in small pieces. Peel and ground cardamom to make powder.
- Add 1 tbsp milk in saffron and keep it aside. When milk starts boiling reduce the flame and mix roasted sweet corn pulp (cream) into it. Stir the milk after every 2-3 minutes nicely. Milk should not stick to the bottom of wok.
- Now add chopped dry fruits and saffron in milk and keep stirring after regular intervals. Within 12-14 minutes, kheer gets thick in consistency and is prepared.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder in kheer and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Kheer is now ready, turn off the flame and take out kheer in a bowl. Garnish with finely chopped dry fruits.
- If making sweetcorn kheer for small kids then avoid adding dry fruits into it. Sweetcorn kheer is a very nutritious food for kids. Babies will surely like its taste.