Yes , I know Indulgence is a Sin but who doesn't commit a sin when there is involvement of CHOCOLATE. Atleast I can't be manacled or should I say,I can be wheedled into doing almost anything for that last piece of scrumptious Chocolate cake.
But after delivering a harangue over HEALTHY EATING, I had to add some twists to make it less SINFUL...
We all know that Beetroots are healthy.They can actually BEAT the roots of many diseases.
They help in relieving Arthritis,cleansing the liver,combating Anemia, warding off Cancer,curing digestional disorders and preventing heart diseases. They have a pigment BETALAIN which is Anti inflammatory ,Anti Cancer and aids in detoxifying the body. So I decided upon baking @NigellaLawson's Beetroot and Chocolate cake but I switched to wholewheat, Brown Sugar and Olive oil for a healthier version.
- 175 gms. Wholewheat flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 75 gms Cocoa powder
- 250 gms. Brown Sugar (Powdered)
- 3 Eggs (at room temperature )
- 250 gms. Beetroot (peeled,chopped and pureed)
- 200 ml Olive oil
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Grease and line 9 " Spring bottom pan.
- Sift whole wheat flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar in a bowl.
- Blend beetroot to make fine puree.
- Add eggs and oil and blend it nicely.
- Fold this mixture into whole wheat mix.
- Pour into spring bottom pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool down and release from pan.
- Pour chocolate ganache or have it as it is. (I slathered a liberal amount of Nutella over it)
By Bobby Kochar