Idli is a traditional breakfast in South Indian households. Idli is a savoury cake that is popular throughout India and neighboring countries like Sri Lanka. The cakes are usually four to five inches in diameter and are made by steaming a batter consisting of fermented black lentils and rice. The fermentation process breaks down the starches so that they are more readily metabolized by the body.
The idli batter is need to be fermented but what when you want to eat idli immediately, for this you have another option that is instant rava idli , which can be ready in just 15 min and you can fulfill the craving of eating idli.
I have tried some variation in idli that is pizza rava idli in other words pizza flavour semolina savoury cake. I will not mention much but i will insist all of you to try and taste it out. It’s delicious.
Preparation Time :- 20 min
Cooking Time :- 10 min
Serves :- 4
- 2 cup semolina ( suji)
- 2 cup buttermilk(If you don’t have buttermilk use 1 cup curd and 1 cup water in it)
- 3 tbsp pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp chilly flakes
- 1/4 cup olives
- 3 tbsp carrot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 tsp soda bicarbonate
- Mix all the ingredients ( except soda bicarbonate ) and keep all side for 15 min
- After 15 min add soda and mix well
- Greese the idli mold and pour the batter as we do for idli
- Steam it for 10 min ( 5 min on high flame and 5 min on low flame )
- Serve with sprinkled oregano and chilly flakes and tomato sauce