Stuff with any of your favorite sandwich toppings or use to make a delicious Cuban sandwich.
Prep Time:30 minutes
Rise Time:1 hour to 1 hour, 20 minutes
Bake Time:10 to 15 minutes
- 1-1/4 cups luke warm water
- 2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tbsp milk pwd
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups refined flour
- Pour water into large mixer bowl. Sprinkle in yeast and let rest 5 minutes. Add sugar, butter, salt, milk pwd and 2 cups flour; beat 2 minutes with electric mixer, scraping sides occasionally. Beat in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to coat top. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Remove to very lightly floured surface; divide into 8 equal pieces.
- Simply roll each portion of dough into a 12-inch rope. For each roll, tie the rope into a loose knot. You will have a "tail" on either side of the knot.
- Begin with the tail on the top; wrap it underneath the knot, then push it through the hole (in the center). Bring the lower tail over the top of the knot and push it down through the same hole.
- Once formed, the roll will be a knot that will look the same on top and bottom. Repeat with remaining portions to form all 8 rolls. Place on baking sheets and let rise.
- Bake in preheated 180°C oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until done. Remove from baking sheet; let cool on wire rack.