My method of making salami with zero oil gives us slices of delectable protein loads that are perfect to be used as cold cut, lunch meat, cocktail snacks or as an add-on in salads!
- Chicken tenderloins/Chicken breasts/ Minced chicken (500 gm)
- Ginger garlic paste (1 ½ tsp)
- Green Chili paste (1 tsp)
- Red Chili flakes (3/4 tsp)
- Salt (1 tsp or as per choice)
- Cilantro Leaves (1/3 cup)
- Water (for boiling)
1. Clean and cut the tenderloins in small pieces.
2. Using blending/chopping attachment, blend all the ingredients in the food processor. Use dough/plastic attachment if using minced chicken.
3. Set a large pot of pan with water to heat at high (I set the pot on the larger burner)
4. Prepare logs of chicken: Take a large sheet of aluminum foil and fold in half (we need two layers of foil to prevent any leaks). Transfer half the blend to the center of the foil, and roll it like a candy. Repeat for the rest of the blend.
5. Transfer the chicken logs to boiling water. Cover the pot with a lid, but do not tighten.
6. After 10 minutes, turn the heat off, and let the logs sit in hot water for another ten minutes.
7. Remove the logs from hot water and let come to room temperature.
8. Transfer the logs to a ziploc bag and store in the refrigerator for a few hours.
You could also freeze the logs for an hour before slicing.
9. Unwrap the logs, and cut into thin slices (use a long sharp knife for cutting).
10. Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container for use upto 2 weeks. two weeks. Freeze the slices for upto 2 months.
11.Enjoy chilled as cold cut, lunch meat, cocktail snack or in salads!