The quietude while reading morning newspaper with a cup of tea in hand or the camaraderie it sets between family and friends is not ambiguous.
I still feel chatting over a cup of tea or coffee is far better than sitting alone with your gadgets.
My husband loves tea and whatever time it maybe, you pop up the question if he wants to have tea ; the answer would be banal.
The smile at my acquiescence to make tea for him on late nights is priceless. Though he doesn't have a sweet tooth, he loves to have Ice cream at times.
So this time , I gave my man ample reason to be happy and satiate his taste buds.
I mixed his Chai and dessert and came out with this delicious CHAI ICE CREAM. ..
- 2 1/2 cup Milk (Full Cream)
- 1 cup Cream (I used Amul)
- 3/4 cup Powdered Brown Sugar
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/3 tsp Rose white tea
- 1 cup Water
- 3 tsp Darjeeling Tea
- 1" Cinnamon stick
- 3/4 tsp Fennel seeds
- 8-12 Black Peppercorns
- 3/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Boil water and add tea, cinnamon, fennel seeds, Cardamom powder along with pepper corns.
- Boil further till its half in quantity. Add 1/3 tsp Rose tea in it and let it steep for 3-4 minutes.Strain it.Add Cornflour in half of this concentrate. And stir nicely.
- In a saucepan, add milk, cream , brown sugar ,salt and rest of Chai concentrate.
- Simmer it and when it comes to a steady simmer , stir it with a whisk. Simmer it for another 5_6 minutes; stirring it with a whisk all the time.
- Lower the flame and add Chai concentrate (one with cornflour)
- Cook on medium heat for 2 more minutes while stirring it.
- Remove from heat and strain it in a big vessel.
- Keep the vessel in Ice Bath (lots of ice in water in a big shallow vessel)and keep on stirring till it becomes cold.
- Pour it in Ice cream container and freeze it till set.
By Bobby Arora Kochar