|Tomato (medium)||2 no.|
|Potato (boiled and chopped into small cubes)||½ cup|
|Carrot (grated)||¼ cup|
|Onion (finely chopped)||1/8 cup|
|Coriander leaves (finely chopped)||2 tbsp|
|Mint leaves (finely chopped)||As needed|
|Red chili powder||1 tsp|
|Lime juice||2 tbsp|
|Tamarind chutney||2 tbsp|
- Wash and clean all tomatoes properly.
- Cut the tomatoes in thin slices and keep aside.
- Next in a mixing bowl, take chopped boiled potatoes, grated carrot, chopped onion, chopped coriander, red chili powder and salt.
- Gently mix everything well and keep aside.
- Now take a serving platter and arrange the tomato slices.
- Place 1 tbsp of the potato-carrot mixture on each slice.
- Then top with tamarind chutney, lime juice and finally sprinkle some sev and chopped mint leaves on each tomato slice.
- Serve immediately and enjoy these healthy tomato
- canapes !
- Mint chutney can be used instead of lime juice. I had run out of mint chutney, so used lime juice. There is no big difference in taste for both.
By Sasmita Sahoo Samanta